Tuesday 27 March 2012

i'll feed myself thanks


Is anybody else dealing with the same issue? This is a very romanticized image of the aftermath I now find myself faced with on a daily basis.  It has its positives, Gabe's eating so much more than he was before and is actually enjoying the eating process.  It used to feel as though I was constantly force feeding him and all of the meals I was making were going to waste.  Now I just feel a bit like we're at a live in circus.. I've come to the realisation that we all need house cleaners.  Ones who are at our beck & call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  That would be too wonderful..

It seems as though this is the time for training and inevitably, messiness.  Training to eat, training to poo & wee, training to pack things away.  So much training - So much mess!  The only way I think i'll be able to get through this messy baby stage is by finding the humour in it..

"Having a two-year-old is like having a blender that you don't have the top for"
- Jerry Seinfeld 

First quote in my "make me laugh" notebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment